Series – What is the Value of? – Facebook


This is one of a series of posts about the value of various web tools.  Please feel free to let me know if there’s a particular web tool you would like me to address.

Facebook is one of the most effective tools out on the web for any size business.

I know some of you are rolling your eyes.  Yes, Facebook.  That social media app that you think is for teenager girls to post endless selfies.  What you may not realize is that the demographics for Facebook are a bit of a surprise.  As of the beginning of 2017, 21% of Facebook users were under 24 and 10% were over 65 years old.  Those two groups total 31% of Facebook users.

That means 69% of Facebook users range from 25 to 64 – pretty much the swath of demographics needed for a wide range of business customers here in the US.
In addition, women make up 52% and men make up of 48% of the people reading and posting on Facebook.  So the myth of Facebook being the domain of the teenager girl, chomping gum and holding a phone arms length for a selfie with her bff is not accurate.   Facebook is made up of men and women in prime age demographics.

Facebook offers 3 main benefits to a business looking to expand:

  • It allows viewers to learn more about your company 24/7 and can establish you as an expert and leading resource in your field.
    From informative posts to interactive discussions, Facebook puts a face to your business.  Start a series of posts about relevant topics that you’re experienced in, let people know of sales and special deals, and invite them into the daily life of your business.  Show your shop, introduce your staff, display your products, post testimonials.  It’s free advertising for your business that is online 24/7, representing your business accurately and effectively.
  • Facebook Ads drive new clients right to your door. 
    Facebook has extremely affordable ads that will send clients wherever you’d like.  Need them to call?  You can do that with an ad.  Need them to click a link for a quote? Want them to visit a brick and mortar store for a special event?  Whatever action item you’d like to promote, you can do so with a Facebook ad that will cost you an amount that you specify.  Yes, you decide how much you want to spend on your Facebook ad, how long you want the ad to run, and there’s both up to date and summary reports available with demographics available anytime you want to see them.  I’ve had clients set up ad campaigns for as little as $30.00 and as much as $2,000.00, with time frames ranging from a week to several months.
  • Facebook is global.
    The moment you put your business on Facebook, you’re a global entity.  You’ve expanded your client base to worldwide. You have a 24/7 presence around the world and there’s just no other platform that provides that free of charge.

    Consider creating a Facebook page for your business.  If you have any questions or would like a step by step walkthrough of how to do so, drop me a line below.  I’m happy to get you up and running.

 

 

References:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/187041/us-user-age-distribution-on-facebook/ 
https://www.statista.com/statistics/266879/facebook-users-in-the-us-by-gender/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *